1. Drink lemon water, preferably warm, to alkalinize body’s ph and cleanse the liver.
2. Eat frequent small meals during the day with ample vegetables, nuts, seeds, beans, fish, and leave 3 hrs after last small meal before sleeping.
3. Plan to sleep 7-8 hrs without any lights on (including LED clocks) because we need the protection of melatonin production by the pineal gland in the brain and it only is made in complete darkness
4. Work hard with passion, and play equally hard with passion.
5. Make love (and if no partner, with yourself) at least twice weekly, as it is known to prevent cancer.
6. MEDITATE, MEDITATE, MEDITATE, at least 15-20 minutes daily, preferably before starting your day to keep you in the moment. (Remember the Buddha said that ALL suffering comes from living in the past, or in the future, and MEDITATION retools your hard drive to keep you IN THE MOMENT.)
7. Move your beautiful buns, at least 20-30 minutes five times weekly with walking, weightlifting, or swimming.
8. LEARN HOW TO SAY THE MOST POWERFUL WORD–”NO”–and do not give your power away.
9. Fill your cup FIRST before giving to everyone else. Choose to look at the glass half FULL instead of half empty.
10. Most importantly: love unconditionally, forgive, and be compassionate to those who have wronged you.
Join us May 21, 2011 at 1:15 pm
MUM’s 8th Annual Spring Expo 2011: “The one that opened another door.”
Allentown Fairgrounds, AgriPlex, 302 N. 17th St. Allentown PA
Admission to the Expo is $7.00
Ignite your passion for life with the three graces: TAHYA, Helene, Thalia : Let us show you how gentle movement, healthy thinking, and clearing for balance, and good fortune, can open you to infinite possibilities, great relationships, peace and joy. Join wellness pioneer, Helene Leonetti MD, dance guru, Tahya, and well-known intuitive, Thalia Alexiou, as we give you simple tools to have the life of your dreams .
Love, Sex & Perfect Health
with Helene Leonetti, M.D. & Greg Schweitzer, D.Ay.
Q & A: “Everything that you ever wanted to know and were afraid to ask.”
Body, mind and spirit are not only intimately connected, they are one! Please
join us, two seasoned students and teachers of Dr. Deepak Chopra’s work as
we explore the path to understanding how first the mind THEN the body
can inspire joyfull passionate sex. Since “we are what we eat” it is essential to
recognize that food is our medicine and can work as well as Viagra—and a
Come and discover:
- How to achieve balance & joy in your busy life by prioritizing time for intimacy
- The role of food, self-esteem, meditation and good sex and how they are related
- You will leave this NEW workshop series inspired, motivated and prepared to take immediate steps to align your life for Perfect Health.
Helene is a board certified OB-GYN physician and self-described gynechiatrist. She is an author
and one of the most entertaining and inspiring keynote speakers in America. Greg has been
teaching health principles and stress reduction strategies (including meditation) for over 30 years.
Both have been profoundly affected by the work of Deepak Chopra, M.D.
Wednesday, May 18 – 6:30 to 8:30 pm, $25
Pre-Register – 610.395.3355
Fogelsville Area W of Rt. 100, off Schantz Rd., between Rt/ 78 & 222 – 628 Twin Ponds Rd., Breinigsville, Pa. 18031
I must go on record about my feelings regarding mammography. I was a card-carrying believer in the benefits of mammography until recently when a quirky realization hit my squarely in the face: the mammogram results in no way assist us with prevention, do they? We may be able to diagnose breast cancer earlier, but it is still there. So many patients are sent back repeatedly for additional views and six month follow-ups for “stability” of a finding, that I am seriously concerned about the radiation we are exposing our breasts to year after year. Granted, the doses are small, but they’re also cumulative.
Enter thermography – a diagnostic technique utilizing an infrared camera to measure temperature variations on the body’s surface, thereby diagnosing breast cancer without radiation. My colleague and friend, Phillip Getson, D.O., is a Cherry Hill, NJ physician and authority on this safe, effective technique, and here are his words on the subject:
- Breast thermography has increased eight fold in the past ten years.
- 70% of all breast cancers are found in clinical self-examination.
- The number one of cause of breast cancer is radiation.
- Mammography has an inherent 15-20% false negative result.
So what is thermography? It is a diagnostic test in which an individual stands two to three feet from an infrared camera that images the heat patterns of the breast. These images then are transferred electronically to a laptop computer where highly sophisticated images are formed in color and black and white. This allows the interpreter to look at vascular patterns, their configuration and placement, as well as heat patterns from one breast to the other to determine whether physiological abnormalities exist. Whereas other tests, including mammography, ultrasound and MRI are anatomic tests, which means they look for masses or lesions, thermography is a physiologic study looking for changes in the activity of the breast suggesting abnormality.
If you haven’t tired thermography, ask your healthcare provider about it.